Pet Owner Hacks: How to Remove Fur from The Home
Having gorgeous fluffy pets can be so rewarding, but when we invited our furry friend into our home we didn’t invite an extra carpet. Take a look at our ten pet owner hacks for removing fur from your home to help keep you and your family sane and fur free!
- Furniture: remove fur from soft furnishings using damp rubber gloves, the hair will stick to the gloves. Rinse off your gloves and repeat until you have fur free furnishings!
- Remove hair from wood furnishings with a soft cloth and anti-static dusting spray or furniture polish. The spray prevents hair from re-sticking.
- Use a pumice stone to remove fur from carpets and when vacuuming go in different directions to loosen any stubborn strands.
- On hard floors use a microfibre mop, avoid vacuuming as this tends to only spread fur around.
- For clothing keep a lint roller by the front door for a quick fix before leaving the house. Perhaps a full length mirror too for last minute checks!
- For lots of fluffy clothes try throwing them into the dryer with a dryer sheet for 10 mins at a time, the dryer sheet acts like a magnet for fur!
- Regular grooming really helps with fur management, grooming twice a week can really reduce the amount of fur tumbleweed flying through the house.