*COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The promoter is Pet Insurance Pty Ltd (ABN 38 607 160 930) of Level 1, 465 Victoria Ave, Chatswood, NSW 2067, telephone 1300 855 663 (“Promoter”). The sponsor of the competition is Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (“VFF”).
- Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over who are the owner of at least one (1) puppy, dog, kitten and/or cat (each an “Eligible Pet”).
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
- The Promotion commences at 12.00 am (AEDT) on 3/01/2017 and closes at 11.59pm (AEDT) on 3/03/2017 (“Promotion Period”).
- To enter the Promotion, an individual must visit www.petinsurance.com.au, follow the prompts to the online pet insurance quotation form, complete the requested details (including but not limited to their full name, the name of their Eligible Pet, a valid email address and a product selection by clicking on “choose this cover” and “Get cover for my Pet”), and submit the fully completed form so it is received during the Promotional Period. Upon completion of the above steps, individuals will receive one (1) entry into the draw. For the sake of clarity, individuals do not need to purchase insurance for their Eligible Pet to receive an entry.
- One (1) additional entry into the draw will be awarded for each insurance policy purchased during the Promotion Period following completion of the quotation process.
- If you enter the Promotion but no longer wish to participate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be removed from the Promotion.
- Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
- Multiple entries are permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per Eligible Pet; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter reserves the right to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The draw will take place at Pet Insurance Pty Ltd, Level 1, 465 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood, NSW, 2067 on 6/03/2017 at 4:00pm AEDST. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the draw and their name will be published online at www.petinsurance.com.au from 09/03/2017.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The first valid entry drawn will win the prize which is 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points, valued at AU$9,973.40 (includes GST). The Velocity Frequent Flyer Points will automatically be loaded onto the winning Velocity Member’s Velocity Frequent Flyer Account within four (4) weeks of winner verification.
- To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity Member. If you are not a Velocity Member, you can join at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com. Velocity membership and Velocity Points earn and redemption is subject to the Member Terms and Conditions located at http://www.velocityfrequentflyer.com/content/TermsConditions/index.htm as amended from time to time.
- Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause below, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Total prize pool value is $9973.40 (includes GST). The notional value of the prize is based on a sample of flights/rewards that can be obtained by redeeming 250,000 Velocity Frequent Flyer Points.
- The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable, exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- If the prize remains unclaimed by 1:00pm AEST on 6/05/2017, a re-draw to award the prize will take place at 2:00pm AEST on 6/05/2017 at the same place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The winner, if any, will be notified by telephone and email within two (2) business days of the re-draw and their name will be published online at www.petinsurance.com.au from 09/05/2017.
- Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
- If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
- Any cost associated with entering the Competition or accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
- The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) and VFF (including its respective officers, employees and agents) are not responsible for and exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s or VFF’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter or VFF) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter or VFF; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking/use of the prize.
- As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
NSW Permit No. LTPS/16/10173 ACT Permit No. TP 16/02553
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Members earn a standard rate of 3 Velocity Points per $1 spent on premiums paid during the first year of the policy, regardless of payment frequency. Existing policy holders are not eligible for this offer. Points will appear in a members account within 37 days of premium payment. Petinsurance.com.au is general insurance issued by the insurer The Hollard Insurance Company Pty Ltd (ACN 090 584 473; AFSL 241436) (Hollard); is promoted by Pet Insurance Pty Ltd (ACN 607 160 930; AR 1234944) (PIPL); is distributed by Velocity Frequent Flyer Pty Ltd (ACN 601 408 824) (Velocity); and administered by PetSure (Australia) Pty Ltd (ACN 075 949 923; AFSL 420183) (PetSure). PIPL is an authorised representative of PetSure.
Any advice provided is general only, has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs and may not be right for you. Consequently, before acting on this information, you should consider the appropriateness of this information having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should obtain and consider the product disclosure statement (PDS) in deciding whether to acquire or continue to hold, Petinsurance.com.au Pet Insurance.